Update added by user Jan 29, 2012
Approximately one year ago I paid a hefty price for a silver lab puppy from Patrick Wickliffe in Springfield,OH. Recently, my lab developed significant hair loss accompanied by lesions and sores. After several painful skin scrapes and two biopsies it was determined that she suffers from color dilution...
Original review posted by user Jan 29, 2012
alopecia, a genetic disorder directly caused by breeding these dogs for their color.I approached the breeder via email to no avail.
However, he quickly updated his website to include that "alpaca"(I assume he means alopecia) can occur but is not covered by the health warranty. Luckily, my dog does not suffer from alpaca!! I sent a second email andApproximately one year ago I paid a hefty price for a silver lab puppy from Patrick Wickliffe in Springfield,OH. Recently, my lab developed significant hair loss accompanied by lesions and sores.
After several painful skin scrapes and two biopsies it was determined that she suffers from color dilution he finally responded by copying and pasting the health warranty, alpaca included. When I was buying a pup from him he always responded to my emails. He must think I want my money back which I don't. I wanted him to know that my beloved pet suffers from a rare genetic disorder that inflicts pain for which there is no cure.
I also wanted him to know that the dermatologic veternarian,after receiving the pathology report(regarding skin biopsies) from the Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab Center for Veterinary Health Sciences from Oklahoma State University,recommended that my dog should never be bred. Additionally, she recommends "against further breeding of either the sire or the dam" from which my dog was produced. My concern is that there are other people out there buying this "fad" color without realizing the issues that accompany it.
I would hope that Mr.Wickliffe would stop breeding the dam and sire after I provided him with this information.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sick Puppy
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went..."
- "Went to Petco on Hwy 6 south Houston Tx I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem but today a new groomer was there I told her I..."
- "alopecia, a genetic disorder directly caused by breeding these dogs for their color. I approached the breeder via email to no avail. However, he quickly updated his website to..."
- "Some of the 'National Consumer Center' pop-ups may try to convince you that you have won a prize or lottery. This is a trick to convince computer users to fill..."
- "Community builder did an awful job, they tried to fix it twice, but still looks terrible, tried to get the owner out to show him problems, but he would not..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."